Wednesday 1 June 2011

Here's a little blog about a new florist who'll be displaying at the Brighton Bridal Bootfayre...Jo Osbourne...
 
My main purpose is to offer fairly priced bouquets, table decorations, buttonholes etc... and the way to do this is work with seasonal flowers, as this is when they are at their cheapest. For example, you can see I've used daffodils, Narcissi, Anenomes and Tulips- all spring flowers.

I would also encourage the use of some more of the cheaper traditional flowers such as Carnations, Chrysanthemums and Freesias. These are seen as "Old Lady" amongst young people, but I can offer something different using my creativity. If Carnations are good enough for Carrie Bradshaw, they're good enough for us!



For table decorations I would use second hand containers, sourcing them from charity shops and second hand shops. I'm interested in the idea of using interesting glass ware, cups and saucers, tea pots and interesting containers to display flowers.
 
Jo will be displaying a range of flowers she can provide - come down to the Brighton Bridal Boot Fayre and take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment